If it is an emergency where people have been injured or are in danger, call 111 for emergency services.
Once the situation is stable, please contact us and provide us with as much information about the situation as possible including:
- Your name and Yourdrive booking reference
- Name of the person driving when the accident occurred
- Location of accident
- Date and time of the accident
- How the accident occurred and who was at fault
- What damage has been incurred to vehicle/s and property
- Police report reference number (if applicable)
- Details of the third party (if applicable) - name, registration of the vehicle, contact details (phone number, email address, home address), insurance company information, details of damage to the vehicle
- Photos of scene and damage to vehicle/s
- Photos of the vehicle from the beginning of the rental
Please also examine the rented vehicle and determine if it's safe to drive. If you are unsure, we can assist you with this. If you believe the vehicle is in a safe condition to drive, we may allow you to continue your trip as planned.
If the vehicle is not driveable or there are any doubts it may not be safe, we will arrange for the vehicle to be towed to nearest repairers. We will also work with you to arrange onward travel.
We will contact the vehicle owner and inform them of the situation.